Suitcase Circus: SCREAM
Suitcase Circus: SCREAM (Social Circus recognising educational activity methodologies) has been developed by a partnership of organisations working in the field of Circus.
The partnership is concerned with three objectives:
1) The recognition of circus as a method of education
2) The synergy to be achieved by partners from different educational sectors co-operating together
3) Circus educators professional development to be achieved through international mobility
The Suitcase Circus project has allowed us to organise exchanges between the following schools:
- El Circo Social del Sur (Buenos Aires, Argentina)
- Cirkus In Beweging (Leuven, Belgium)
- El Circo del Mundo (Santiago, Chile)
- Flying Fruit Fly Circus (Australia)
- Tsirkusestuudio Folie (Tallin, Estonia)
- Carampa (Madrid, Spain)
- National Institute of Circus Arts (NICA) (Australia)
- Universidad Mesoamericana (DF, Mexico)
During these exchanges, teachers and staff from the organisations involved were able to upskill, compare and develop their knowledge of disciplines, programming and organizsational management. These exchanges have boosted partnerships within the circus community.