COVID 19 Update
Re-opening 8 March 2021
We are delighted to be able to reopen for some users from the Monday 8 March 2021.
Due to the continued restrictions imposed by COVID, we are still unable to run a full programme of activities, but are please to be able to welcome back:
- Higher Education students
- Open Training members
- CAT scheme students
If you train on any of these programmes please read carefully the Re-opening Guidelines document below. Note that this has been updated since Christmas and some of our COVID protocols have changed.
Unfortunately restrictions remain such that we are still not able to offer any of the following courses at this time:
- London Youth Circus
- Adult courses: Introduction to Aerial/Acrobatics, Level 1, 2 or 3 courses or short courses.
- Youth: Family Circus, Primary Circus, Junior Circus, Youth Circus and Sensory Circus.
We hope the situation will have evolved enough that we will be able to reintroduce some of these courses from Term 3 (after the Easter break). We will continually monitor the situation and if we’re able to reinstate courses earlier than this, we will.
Related Links - please read
In order to maintain a safe space for staff and users and help mitigate against a Covid-19 risk, we are preparing the building on our Covid-19 secure policy, including:
- Ensuring social distancing is maintained
- Asking that all users wear face coverings at all times
- Enhanced cleaning programme of spaces and equipment
- Users groups in ‘bubbles’
- Adjustment of operating hours
- Restrictions on the number of people on site at any one time.
Full details are in the Reopening Guidelines..
We realise this is frustrating for those of you who train on our other programmes. The Arts and culture sectors are in a perilous position at the moment and putting these strict safety measures in place will help against a full closure that could be further devastating for our organisation.
On behalf of all the staff at National Circus, thank you so much for your kind words, donations and ongoing support. We hope to welcome all of our users back in the building again in the not-too-distant future.
The following circus schools in London are running a timetable of classes that you may be able to access.