Chief Operating Officer
Closing Date – 11pm, Sunday 3rd September 2023
Salary – £60,000 pa
The Chief Operating Officer will support the CEO in the leadership, management and day-to-day operation of the National Centre for Circus Arts, deputising as required and making a significant contribution to strategic planning for the organisation with a strong focus on operational activity.
They will lead on all financial, operational, health and safety, technical, human resources and IT activity, providing direction and motivation across multiple teams, while also maintaining key relationships with external stakeholders.
• Direct and manage all aspects of financial, operational, health and safety, technical,
human resources, and IT activity.
• Lead on compliance and regulatory activity and processes, in particular around
Higher Education compliance.
• Manage relationships with key stakeholders and partners including the Office for
Students, Hackney Council, the National Centre’s legal advisors, insurance brokers
and advisors, and various corporate contacts.
• Working closely with the other members of the Senior Management Team.
develop organisational strategy and the action plans to deliver the strategy over the
short-, mid- and long-term.
• Support and mentor all direct reports encouraging a collaborative approach to
• Set, agree and manage annual budgets for all areas of responsibility.
Job Title: Chief Operating Officer
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Overall responsibility: The Chief Operating Officer will support the CEO in the leadership, management and day-to-day operation of the National Centre for Circus Arts.
Holiday Entitlement: 30 days holiday per annum (pro rata) inclusive of the eight statutory bank holiday and rising 1 day per annum up to a maximum of 35 days.
Hours: 35 hours per week
If you would like to apply for the position please fill out the Equal Opportunities Monitoring form and download the application form below.