Policies and Procedures
During the current Covid-19 pandemic, the Conservatoire and its Member Schools, along with other higher education providers, are having to make adjustments to the way in which our programmes of study are normally delivered, to ensure continuation of delivery.
We understand that students will have queries about changes to the planned delivery of their programmes, and we ask you to bear with your School whilst we plan and provide alternative delivery.
In the meantime, specific queries regarding fees or refunds should be addressed to the Conservatoire, rather than the School, at email@example.com.
Other queries regarding your programme of study should be addressed directly to your School – if you are not sure to whom you should address such queries in the first instance, get in contact with the named School contact listed on this page of the Conservatoire’s website: http://www.cdd.ac.uk/policies/student-related-policies/
For complaints that do not fall within the scope of queries/issues regarding fees and refunds, the Student Complaints Procedure should be used as follows:
- For BOVTS students, the BOVTS Student Complaints Procedure should be used, and can be found at the following link:
- For students of Central School of Ballet, London Contemporary Dance School, National Centre for Circus Arts, Northern School of Contemporary Dance, and Rambert School of Ballet & Contemporary Dance, the Conservatoire Student Complaints Procedure should be used, and can be found at the following link:
Policies and Procedures
If you require any information regarding any of the policies below, please contact our Higher Education Admissions and Registry Manager, Joanna Gray on firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 7613 8244.
Admissions/Fees Policies, Terms and Conditions
Please find below the Admissions and Fees Policies, as well as Terms and Conditions, for current and prospective students.
For 2021 entry
For 2020 entry
For 2019 entry
Other documents, policies and procedures
Please find below other key documents, policies and information that students should be aware of before and during their studies at the National Centre.
There are a number of student-related policies that are shared across the schools of CDD which can be accessed here.
In this section you will find the following policies relating to students:
- Access and Participation Plan
- Admissions Policy Statement
- Admissions Appeals and Complaints Policy
- Criminal Records Policy
- Data Processing Statement
- Emergency Powers of Exclusion and Suspension
- Non-Academic Misconduct Policy
- Refunds and Compensation Policy
- Sexual Misconduct, Harassment and Related Behaviours
- Student Complaints Procedure
- Student Protection Plan
- Support Through Studies