Head of Recreational Programme
Closing Date – Wednesday 4th October 2023
Salary – £38,000 pa
The Head of Recreational Programme will work closely with the Commercial Director to develop and deliver our existing recreational classes, increasing this income stream year-on-year. Our current offer includes a range of classes for youth (3-18 years) and adults across the full range of circus disciplines, plus ‘taster’ sessions (Experience Days), also for both youth and adults.
This role will manage our existing activity, working with teachers, Duty Coordinators and operational teams to ensure a well curated programme and exemplary circus activity for our participants, and look for ways to increase participant numbers and revenue. You will also work cross-team, for example with the Head of Learning and Access and Head of Business Development to develop new and refreshed offers and models of delivery.
- Manage delivery and development of all recreational classes.
- Working closely with the Commercial Director, regularly review the offer in terms of both price and the types of classes run, benchmarking against other organisations as appropriate, and make recommendations for change. Ensure that financial targets for recreational classes are met or exceeded where possible.
- Work with the Recreational Programme Officer, Duty Coordinators, teachers, Buildings and Facilities team, and Technical Team to ensure high quality service delivery that enhances the reputation of the National Centre.
- Take responsibility for course specific safeguarding standards and reporting.
- Work with the Data Manager to ensure timely and effective on-sale periods are planned for and maintained.
- Work with the Marketing team to develop the web presence for recreational classes and develop campaigns across multiple platforms to achieve income aims.
Job Title: Head of Recreational Programme
Reports to: Commercial Director
Overall responsibility: The Head of Recreational Programme will work closely with the Commercial Director to develop and deliver our existing recreational classes, increasing this income stream year-on-year.
Salary: 38,000 pa
Holiday Entitlement: 30 days paid holiday per annum, inclusive of eight Statutory Bank Holidays, increasing by one day for each year of service from 1st September up to a maximum of 35 days per annum.
Hours: 35 hours per week. One evening per week and occasional weekends as the programme demands.
If you would like to apply for the position please fill out the Equal Opportunities Monitoring form and download the application form below.