Closing Date – Wed 18 May
Purpose of the Job
Duty Coordinators will ensure the smooth running of our programmes during evenings and weekends.
You’ll be the first point of contact for our participants, teachers and other staff in regards to any programme queries and be integral in upholding our policies. You will be required to take on administrative tasks and will support our teaching team during class time by responding to their requests for equipment, helping with participants and communicating policies.
This is a busy environment and a hands-on role, applicants need to be experienced and confident in dealing with a range of ages and user groups. We are looking for someone who is responsive, energetic and interested in arts education and lifelong learning.
- Be the main point of contact for staff, teachers and participants whilst our classes are running.
- Respond to the needs of our teachers and help with requests.
- Support the Buildings and Reception team with managing first aid and other requests as required.
- Assist in managing administration tasks including sourcing teaching cover for classes, responding to emails, supporting users with rebooking processes and other general administration.
- Working with Safeguarding and Health and Safety policies and processes.
- Hosting Saturday Experience Days to help ensure these run smoothly.
- Be a duty first aider, following appropriate training.
- Duty Coordinators may be asked to help with bespoke events and workshops that are held throughout the term.
- Undertake other duties as may reasonably be requested.
1 year scheduled hour contract, weekend and evening work.
Fixed term contract, June 2022 – May 2023
Hours are during term time only and are scheduled 3 months in advance.
There is the possibility of approximately 35 hours available each week.
These hours will be shared amongst a number of successful applicants.
Those interested in the role must be available to work weekends and evenings
Hours are approximate
3.5 – 4 hours per evening (Monday – Friday)
8 hours (Saturday or Sunday)
Per hour £12.04 per hour
Holiday entitlement: 30 days pro rata per holiday year including eight statutory bank holidays rising one day per annum for each year of service to a maximum of 35 days.
If you would like to apply for the position please fill out the Equal Opportunities Monitoring form and download the application form below.