Our scholarship scheme allows successful participants to be awarded a full year of training at no cost.
At the National Centre for Circus Arts we want as many young people as possible to experience circus arts and believe personal circumstances should not stop people from taking part. To achieve this, we are pleased to offer a limited number of scholarships to provide training support to young people. These are designed to provide help for young people who might not otherwise be able to afford training.
We are also part of the Centre for Advanced Training Scheme - find out more.
What does a scholarship mean?
Scholarships are awarded for a full academic year. Successful scholarship students will:
- Receive a place on our youth programme at no cost for one academic year (September 2019 – July 2020).
- Be asked to take part in evaluation and feedback projects during the year they are on the scholarship.
Who can receive a scholarship?
Our scholarship fund is limited and we have very few places available. While applications to our scheme are open to all, priority will be given to families who meet some or all of the criteria below:
- Live in Hackney or East London
- Live in a household with a total annual income of less than £25,000 (please note that if your application is successful, you will need to be able to provide proof of income)
- Are committed to learning circus.
Scholarships are available for the following youth classes:
Scholarship applications are open to young people aged 2–18. You do not need to be taking classes with us to apply for a scholarship.
Both individuals taking classes and those who have never been here before are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Applications for 2019/20 are now closed.